I recently got an invite to their online test. While I haven't confirmed if I will need to take a Video Interview, I'd like prepare for it should it come. Does anyone here have some tips on what they look for and the kinds of questions they will ask? Also, how many questions are there and how much time would be allowed for each one? Thanks!
This question is read-only because it has been merged with What kind of questions are asked in Bain One-Way Video Interview? Is behavioral or mini case types?.
What does Bain look for in their One Way Video Interview?
Bain video interview is the same as a regular interview:
- Fit questions: Tell me about yourself, Why consulting, Why Bain
- Your questions to the interviewer
You can find lot's of prep materials on this site.
A video interview is a bit harder since you have less personal contact. I would provide some general recommendations:
- First of all, check whether they are providing a conference room in a local office
- If not - find a place with good internet speed and test it multiple times before the interview. Also, think of nice room / proper light for the video conference if you do it from home
- You should be dressed the same as for the regular interview
- Don't hesitate to ask clarifying questions if there are problems with connection or you were not able to hear something
- Don't forget to look at the camera and smile - same as you do on a regular interview