Send me a PM and I can provide you with a Cover Letter template as well as examples across a range of companies. Always happy to guide you in the process and review your documents.
Here's some guidance in the meantime
- Step 1 - Figure out the topics for your key paragraphs. These need to be based on what consulting companies are looking for. I.e.:
- Quantitative + qualitative analytical skills
- xxx (message for more)
- Step 2 - Once you've picked 3-5 of these, write your paragraphs
- Make them succinct (3-5 sentences)
- Make sure they lead with e.g. "x company values y, and I do too"
- Make sure they focus on your achievements. You have to sell yourself here
- Step 3 - For any given company cover letter, find out what the company cares most about. Then slot in 3 of the paragraphs that fit best (again, ideally you have 5 to choose from)
- Step 4 - Tweak the language of each paragraph to fit the company's website, application posting, etc. I.e. Curiosity might become passion for learning.
Then, of course, you need an intro paragraph summarizing your interest + reasons why as well as a closing paragraph doing the same with new language.