I am a US citizen studying for my Masters (MSc in Business) in Europe. After finishing my degree (Spring 2020) I plan to return to the US. I will begin applying for various firms/offices later this year.
Does anyone have any experience with international hiring process? I have three key questions:
- How did the interviews work from a purely logistical perspective?
- Any recommendations on networking with consultants in offices that are quite far away (approx. 4000miles is probably too far for a quick trip to a Starbucks)
- How was your international experience received?
- My University is well known in Europe but has less name recognition in the US than a standard Ivy League.
- It is a 'target school' for some firms (although this phrase seems to have slightly different meanings in Europe than the US)
- I also did a medium-term internship (6-months) at a Fortune 100 company as part of my degree program.
Apologies for the lengthy question.