1. Do BCG Latin American offices belong to a group that groups different country offices together and enables cross-staffing commonly?
BCG groups Latin American offices together. Often, Latin American offices will be cross-office staffed with Spain for language reasons. On a larger, global level, BCG has the WESA region which stands for Western Europe, South America, and Africa. This is used more for administration and training groupings than cross-office staffing.
2. Any tips on securing international deployments beyond Latin America? Incidentally, I'm a U.S. citizen
To secure international staffing opportunities, you will increase your chances by:
- Being a strong performer
- Being as open as possible, both for region and type of case
- Build strong relationships with leadership in your office and other offices
- Being nice to staffing
- Being patient - opportunities for cross-office staffing will typically come up after you have spend some time working in your home office
You mentioned an interest in doing DD projects in the US and sub-Saharan Africa. DD projects are typically staffed from the ring-fenced PIPE team, especially in large centers like the US and London. DDs are also typically short cases, e.g. a few weeks. There aren't as likely many DD projects in sub-Saharan Africa, and if these were to be staffed, it would likely be from the large offices in the region like Johannesburg.