I have a bit of a luxury problem: I hold offers from several consultancies, but I'm deciding between the group vs. the firm / BCG vs McKinsey. (Note: Both are for Master's entry in the German generalist track)
These are the current arguments that I have:
- Better prestige
- I know more people on my level around the world
- International Staffing (quite important to me)
- Much better conditions for educational leave (at least the case in Germany)
- McKinsey Digital is stronger than BCG Digital (quite interested in this)
- More social culture from my impression - I heard McK can have a cut-throat culture?
- I know a senior partner in Germany, who has been mentoring me for a long time, so I would feel quite bad for taking McKinsey
- Better work-life balance (from what I've heard)
- Option to work with BCG Gamma or even to transfer to them - I heard the McK equivalent 'Advanced Analytics' is more separate from the generalists? (This is also quite important to me since I really enjoy programming and working in data science. I also come from an Engineering background.)
Does anyone have tips for me how to decide? Have you heard of similar things as listed above, or have you heard of any other differences? Also, does anyone know how easy it is to transfer to non-German offices at these two firms? I might have to do that at some point...