Hi all, nice to meet you all here and I am dedicated to shift my career to management consultant. Please check my background as follows,
- I have 9 years work experience, majorly worked in tech startups, and started my own startup before. I have successful proven track records in my career that I could provide solutuions, plan and manage strategies myself, and had very positive results under very limited resource provided to me.
- I gruduated in top 10 University in UK, and am going to study part time MBA this year. Cerfied Project Management Professional (PMP) - seems not really relevant but a bonus.
- I don't really mind its MBB, other 2nd tier firms or the Big 4 companies. My short term goal is to get interviews.
My questions are:
- Am I too old to get into consultant firms now? Saying that I don't have prior management consultant experience (but I do have experience working with them)
- Based on my research - I think my experience, skillsets and background do fit to the role. (such as propose a solution quickly and logically, manage and implement projects and strategies, no work-life balance in startups as well, and entrepreneurship.) the problem is, how do I make a bridge between my CV and the job, and also whats the best approach to get the job interview efficienctly and effectively? (I think apply the job through linkedin or official HR site are just like throwing my CV into blackholes.)
- Any consultants who have similar professional background to me and would like to share your tips and experience?
Your advice is much appreciated and really wanna understand more from you guys.