Great to see you guys leveraging this platform (apart from your b-school consulting clubs) to find partners and crack cases. While you get into the intense prep, do take care of the following:
- Get your basics/knowledge base right. Core subjects in grad school/MBA need to be thoroughly understood
- Do not neglect FIT part, work on it and practice it during your networking conversations with consultants/ case cracking practice sessions
- Practice case cracking - At least 50 before you interview with any company
- Ensure case diversity while practicing. Let the issues come from different sectors, fucntions, geographies. Few strat, few ops, few finance, few marketing; similarly few interviewer led, few interiewee led etc.
- Periodically ( thumb rule : after every 8th case ) practice will a consultant or ex-consultant. Cases cracked with batchmates do not give you a true indication of your improvement curve
- Most importantly; see if you are enjoying these practice sessions. If you are not, probably you might not enjoy the consulting role.
All the best!