Not sure on the last steps here. Can someone help please?
- UK Population - ask for UK Population
- 65 million - life expectancy 81/82
- Let’s assume there are the same number of 1 year olds than 82 year olds.That would mean there’s approximately 800,000 people per age number
- 800,000* 18 = 14.4 million. Population below the drinking age
- 50.6 million people left - for clarity make it 50 million - older will have more purchasing power
- Segment by population - 3 different groups… 18-34 (12.5 million), 34-50 (12.5 million), 50+ (25 million)
- Ask about split between out-of-home and in-home. Out-of-home has 2 to 3 times markup
I’m a little confused on how to continue… I would ask the interviewer for more information but would it be correct to assume that older people consume more expensive wines?