The BCG Potential Test - also called Online Case in some offices - is a multiple choice computer test with 23 questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
It has one single case only. You receive +3 for each right answer, 0 for no answer and -1 for a wrong answer.
Calculators are generally not allowed, but there are exceptions in some countries - you can clarify that with HR if needed.
I recommend the following approach to prepare:
- Look online for reliable BCG test simulations. You can find an example here: https://www.preplounge.com/en/shop/tests-2/bcg-potential-test-1-13
- If possible, don’t print the sample tests; rather, do the simulations on your computer. The day of the test you won’t be able write notes near the questions or turn pages. If you practice on a paper version, you will find different dynamics the day of the interview that could impact your performance. You should also do all the simulations with a time constraint
- After each test write down the mistakes you did. You will probably find that the mistakes have something in common – eg wrong math, too much time wasted on some questions, wrong interpretation of graph
- Work on each area of improvement. Many candidates do these simulations checking only the final score and don’t spend time analyzing the mistakes - thus they don’t improve
- Once you have done all the BCG test simulations, move to PST practice. You can find a good number of PST tests online. The PST is different from the Potential Test – in the PST there are multiple cases, the types of questions are different and you have more time available. However, it may still help to improve your performance
As additional notes:
- Remember you are penalized for wrong answers - you should adapt your strategy accordingly
- Aim to identify the main areas of improvements already with the first test - the typical ones are math, graph interpretation and ability to absorb information quickly
- Try to distribute the tests between the day you start practicing and the day of the test for constant learning – avoid to do them just at the end
If you want to practice on a real example of a BCG Potential Test, you can find the one I prepared below:
With this test you will be able to:
- Prepare on the exact same format of the BCG Online Case – 23 questions in 45 minutes
- Identify your possible improvements thanks to detailed solutions for all the 23 questions
- Practice on material tested by multiple candidates who did the test and successfully passed the Potential Test.
Below you can find a screenshot of the test:
If you need additional support or have any questions on the test please feel free to PM me, I can provide additional tips for free.