Yes, it will be the Imbellus.
There are two games you will have to play (95% of candidates I interviewed in the last 2 months reported these two, for the other 5% the games or game variations that were played instead were just for internal calibration and did not count towards their performance)
1. Ecosystem creation
Build a food chain, consisting of 8 species and place it on a map.
- Start your food chain top-down with the predator first
- Calculate that kcal produced in one layer of the food chain > kcal depleted by the layer above
- On top of kcal, ensure that the food chain works from a conditional perspective (not every animal or top predator can eat every plant or other animal, etc.). I have heard often from candidates that optimize kcal and then neglect this factor, leading to a rejection
- Make sure that all 8 animals in your chain can survive in the given location (check quickly for each variable)
- Check if your food chain and location fit with any additional boundary conditions (e.g. additional rules you need to consider when building your food chain and matching it with a location) which have been implemented mid-last year to make sure candidates have a harder time preparing and some uncertainty of what to expect
Allocate 5 minutes at the end of the scenario before pressing submit to check for these 4 elements. If you can confirm all, you can be sure to have created a sustainable eco-system.
2. Plant defense
You need to defend a plant species from invaders using several tools at your disposal in a static, round-based tower defense-style game. The tools consist of barriers that slow down invaders and predators that damage and eradicate them.
There are several rounds you will play with increasing complexity and stress levels as the maps become bigger and the invaders more numerous. Your goal is to have the plants survive each of these increasingly difficult rounds.
The game is static and turn-based in nature and not dynamic like many other tower defense games. Before each turn, you can devise or revise your strategy and select a number of animals and barriers to protect your plant.
A few general tips
- Prepare using Plants vs. Zombies, Kingdom Rush, and Tower Duel
- Move swiftly through the selection of your barriers and predators and use they symbiotic power of both (e.g. slow attackers down with a barrier and place your predators next to them slow-down --> its a called a choke point in tower defense games)
- Be mindful of the attackers (how fast do they move, what is their path)
- Be mindful of the stats of your predators and barriers (how much damage do they inflict? how big is there is their sphere of influence? how much do they slow down the attackers?)
- Always think 2 steps ahead (about the route of the attackers and adjust your strategy as you see fit)
Source: I interviewed more than 160 test-takers from November 2019 onwards and constantly devise(d) new strategies to beat the game.