I did my third interview of McKinsey final round on October 28th. After two weeks with no response, I contacted HR and was told that by the end of this week I would possibly receive a answer.
In parallel, I'm finishing my Ph.D., and I'm being asked by my advisor to plan my lab tests for the first trimester of next year.
I have tried to postpone this planning as long as possible, as if I receive an offer it would affect my planning. However, tomorrow I will have a meeting with my advisor, and I can't put it off any longer.
I'm thinking about planning for the first three months of 2022, and if I received positive feedback from McKinsey, I would only ask to enter in April. I want to hear from you guys about, and if I should contact HR one more time.
I'm still trying to stay positive, but after all this time, I'm losing hope that I'll get an offer.