Your background seems quite strong and relevant for joining the digital practices of top consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain, and BCG. Here are some tips for preparing for the interview process:
1. Case Interviews: The type of case interviews you can expect will likely involve digital issues, given your interest in joining the digital practice. Be prepared to discuss topics related to digital strategy, transformation, technology implementation, and data analytics. Practice both generalist cases and cases specific to digital topics.
2. Digital Acumen: Showcase your understanding of digital trends, technologies, and their impact on businesses. Stay updated on recent developments in areas like artificial intelligence, data analytics, and digital marketing.
3. Behavioral Questions: Expect questions about your experiences, especially your digital strategy internship at Deloitte. Be ready to discuss your role, responsibilities, and the impact you had during that internship.
4. Problem-Solving Skills: Demonstrate your problem-solving abilities, particularly in the context of digital challenges. Be structured and analytical in your approach to problem-solving questions.
5. Fit for the Firm: Research each consulting firm's digital practice to understand their specific focus areas and client work. Tailor your responses to align with the firm's values and expertise.
6. Networking: If possible, connect with current or former consultants from these firms who work in digital practices. They can provide valuable insights and possibly even conduct mock interviews.
7. Mock Interviews: Practice case interviews with peers or through mock interview platforms to get comfortable with the format and receive feedback.
8. Resume Review: Ensure your resume highlights your relevant experiences and skills, particularly those related to digital.
Remember that the interview process for digital roles may be more specialized than for generalist roles, but the core consulting skills (problem-solving, communication, structured thinking) are still crucial. Good luck with your application and interviews!