as mentioned by Vlad, a review of advanced Power Point and Excel may be useful for a good start. As for a previous post I wrote, a couple of things more related to soft skills that could be useful once you have started are instead the following:
- Take notes when your manager tells you something – this will help you to remember details and will show you care about them to the team.
- Ask for feedback every two-three weeks – this will show you are proactive and willing to learn.
- Always, always, always double check. First impression is very important in consulting: if you show you are reliable from the beginning, you will create a reputation of a reliable person.
- Ask for help when you don’t know what to do– better to let know you are in trouble with meeting a deadline then missing the deadline.
- Be social and respectful with the support staff – these people are great and influential as well in the company.