I completed an internship at McKinsey in 2018 and did not receive a return offer. I am currently preparing for my full-time application interviews at Bain and I am struggling to answer the question: Did you get an offer at McKinsey? I have two questions on the matter:
1. Will I be asked this question in my interviews?
2. If so, what would be the best strategy to answer it?
Currently, I am inclined to answer the question using the following structure:
1. Outline the feedback I received for not getting the offer: Not being vocal and active enough in team meetings
2. Explain the root causes of the feedback, showing that I clearly reflected on my mistakes: Anxiousness and nervosity in presentation settings with multiple senior partners present, lack of ability to properly present my work
3. Show the steps I took to improve and tackle these issues: Presentations of multiple project studies at university in front of different audiences
Alternatively, should I just pretend I received the offer?
Thanks so much in advance!