I will be starting a consulting gig within 1 month and I need to master excel before going in. Are there any online courses that provide complete training with interactive worksheets and lots of data to actually practice?
How do I master excel within a few weeks?
You need to learn the following:
- Fast excel - throw away your mouse and put some tape on your touchpad. Do everything with your keyboard!
- The main formulas (especially vlookup, column, etc)
- Pivot tables
- Nice formating
- Modeling - you need at least to know how to structure your sheets (Inputs, outputs, sources, versions, etc)
Advanced skills include:
- Financial modeling (making proforma statement)
- Valuation of projects / companies
The best offline courses are Training the street.
Wallstreet prep is probably the best. To "excel" however, you will need to work on a project and actually creat models: just going through a course will never replace hands on experience.
Is one month enough time? Absolutely! Good luck, happy learning