I am currently looking for a start in consulting.
- Bachelor at a non prestigous university (Business Administration, Grade 2.1 out of 6 - 1 being best)
- Master at a Tier 1 German university (Accounting & Taxation, Grade 2.2 out of 6 - 1 being best)
- Very bad high school grades
- 5 years of working experience in Audit and M&A at a big four
- Fluent in English, Arabic, German
- Genuine teamplayer and experienced with client & project work
- No solid network to consulting firms
Reasons for my bad grades:
- I lived abroad till the age of 9. I had to learn the language from start when my family decided to move back to Germany. I also had to change school for 3 times in the first 2 years.
- My father died when I was 16 after several years of being severely ill, me being responsible for the family and my dads treatment/health.
- Big financial issues after losing my dad.
- Worked in winter and studied in summer during my masters, with both high pressure in work and in my studies. I also gradually disliked my studies since they were higly focused on accounting/taxes.
- Many other issues in my private life.
I have done about 30 cases so far (also with many mbb candidates) and I feel really confident that I am able to get through the interview process. I genuinely enjoyed solving cases.
Does anybody have an idea on how I could get an interview from a consulting firm (doesn't need to be MBB)?