I was in your position 2 months ago.
In 1 month, i went from getting 30% on untimed tests, to passing the PST!
This is what i did:
- Igotanoffer practice tests
- Mconsulting practice tests
- Official McKinsey tests
- Practice speed maths - learn shortcuts like rule of 72, become a gun at the times tables, long division, estimation, growth rates, change %
- Use youtube- Cant remember who exactly but there is this Russian guy who has great tips and logic around the PST.
- I learnt to speed read - i went from 350 words per minute to 650. Youll also learn what info to read and what not to bother with by doing enough tests.
- I went through McKinsey presentations and learnt about the type of charts often used, learn how to read them quickly as this will save you minutes in the test working out what the hell they are even representing!
You will identify trends with answers, question types and the flow with time. Its frustrating and hard work, but worth it to pass! Youll also learn about time traps and which questions to estimate, leave and compute.
Start off doing the tests untimed, and re do tests over and over again.
Then slowly introduce time constraints and work to doing them in just 1 hour.
All the best.