I have been invited to Strategy& London's final round which is an Assessment Day at their offices, for the Corporate Strategy team. It is expected to last 2 x 4hrs (2 half-days, successful candidates make it to the afternoon session). Below is additional information from the email.
What you’ll be doing at our assessment centre
- numerical and diagrammatic reasoning tests
- an unstructured case study interview
- a structured case study interview
We would advise you to:
- Be prepared to answer competency based questions within the case study interviews
- Review the Strategy& website for further information on how the team creates value for clients and to review recent publications written by the team
Here are some questions I have regarding the event:
- Any idea what kind of numerical and diagrammatic reasoning tests they carry out, and whether there are any samples online? I'm not sure if the tests are similar to those carried out by PwC with samples available on their website.
- What do they mean by "structured" and "unstructured" interview? My understanding is that the structured one may be a more traditional interview, that may be part of their case interview bank with accompanying figures and charts, whereas the unstructured one may be a bit more of an open question with no real set direction, carried out more like a discussion.
- How do the activities break down between morning and afternoon? I assume the testing should happen in the morning, with interviews being held in the afternoon; if anyone has had a different experience please let me know.
- Are there any other activities not mentioned in the description? 8hrs (excluding lunch) seems excessive for 2 tests and 2 cases. There also appears to be no pure fit interviews even though it seems to be standard practice in the final rounds of other firms.
Any help would be kindly appreciated - thank you very much in advance!