I have been working at a Tier-2 management company for over a year, and although I am performing very well, I realized pretty quickly that it wasn't a great fit (career development, office culture, and projects - I am interested in ops in healthcare/consumer goods in particular).
I had made the decision to start applying to European MBB offices this April, to (hopefully) transfer firms in Sept. 2020. It now looks like this will be unlikely, and I am hesitant on whether I should apply at all, or wait til next year. My questions are as follow:
- Should I still "risk" applying? Would this put me at a disadvantage if my application gets ignored and I want to reapply later on?
- If I apply - would you recommend applying directly to a practice (mine would be Operations) or to stay a generalist? Bearing in mind I have no operations industry experience...
With many thanks,