Today I was asked to prepare a case study, to identify the challenges and propose a short and long term action plan.
Soft has been the world's leading software company for the last 30 years. In the past, it has been the most sought after employers in the world. Recently the company has seen a sizable no. of talents leave for other firms and even start-ups. Mostly application developers and top executives are seen leaving.
Challenges: Newer firms have a innovative culture, there is no proper performance management system, conducts virtual trainings but no proper structured approach, package offered is low when compared to competetors, office culture is red tape and traditional, executives have dissatisfaction in their teams, developers do not get time to learn additional skills, and employees generally think there is no career path.
Objectives/requirements: To identify the top three challenges faced by the Client and to provide short and long term recommendations.
My analysis as follows:
Top 3 Challenges identified are as follows:
1. Culture of the firm is traditional and red tape 2. No proper structure maintained in Skill transfer 3. Poor performance management system
Short-Term Recommendations ( 6 months)
1. Develop a proper training plan for the employees, once the trainings are completed conduct assessments in order to test the knowledge gained from the trainings.
2. Implement innovative thinking and encourage freedom and flexibility while on work.
3. Increase employee engagement activities, have a quarterly feedback session with the employees and initiate employee feedback surveys.
Long-Term Recommendations ( 2 years)
1. Sustain a structured approach in trainings so that every employee should know little of everything. A mixture of online and in-person trainings can be followed as per the convenience.
2. Inclusiveness and innovation should be carried out throughout the firm so that employees feel there work is valued.
3. Employee engagement activities should be interactive and should be conducted on timely basis so that it increases team spirit and social relationships
I did this analysis, Can someone tell what are the possible questions that could be asked by the interviewer from this scenario. And is there anything I need to add in this?