Congratulations on the video interview! Please just think of it as a normal fit interview, but with a screen and a webcam (rather than a real person) being your interviewer.
The questions that will be asked during a one-way video interview should be similar to those asked in a typical fit interview. You can find lists of such questions online. Here are some examples:
In terms of preparation, here are a few tips:
- Just prepare as you normally would for a standard fit interivew. Make sure that you know how to answer the most common questions (google them or refer to the links above).
- Practice your answers with a friend or an expert, and have them give you feedback on how you can potentially improve. The key here is to practice with someone other than yourself.
- Video record yourself answering a few questions and review those videos. It would be helpful if some of these questions are unexpected, so you get to see yourself being caught off guard. When revewing the videos, watch out for two things:
- Is your story (or the way you are telling your story) engaging? If not, fix it.
- Is there any problem with your eye contact (yes, with the webcam), facial expession, body position and hand gestures? Certain movements that are considered perfectly normal in a face-to-face conversation can look weird in a video.
Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you would like to discuss further.