I have an interview with Accenture strategy if a couple of weeks. Looking forward to learning from experiences of candidates who recently went through an Accenture interview...
Anybody recently gave Accenture Strategy case interview? Would be grateful if you could share your experience...
It greatly depends on your role and the office. Accenture has 2 types of interviews:
1) Case interview with the manager / partner
- No clear guidelines for cases, so the case depends on the manager.
- 60% chance that it will be marketsizing
- 40% chance - profitability and general frameworks
- Interviewers are less demanding than at Big3. unless you meet an ex-big3 consultant as an interviewer
2) Assessment center
- You will be in a group of 6-10 other candidates
- You'll have a case (general business problem though with various aspects to look at, i.e. marketing, supply chain, finance)
- The main goal is to discuss the case together and come to a collaborative solution
My advice for the assessment center:
- Don't take a leadership role trying to organize and manage other people unless you are a 100% natural leader
- Act rather like a contributor with: a) frameworks to structure the problem b) rough calculations c) Industry / functional knowledge (it helps to be a background in marketing or supply chain) d) creative ideas
- Be nice and friendly with everyone and don't try to show that you are better than others. Rather impress with contribution and impact
Related BootCamp article(s)
Hello, I was just wondering if there are examples of Economic consulting case studies and what materials I should read.