- You are a scientist, doctor, or someone with a technical background looking to make the switch to consulting.
- You have the smarts, but are still trying to figure out how to translate that into cracking the case interview - or want to refine your abilities even further to maximize your chances of success.
- Perhaps you're accomplished in the lab (or hospital, etc.) but would like some help in describing your experiences in a way that is punchy and answers the “so what?”
- I am a Neuroscience PhD who wanted to get out of the lab (who doesn't!) and apply my scientific expertise to real world problems
- I successfully transitioned into life sciences consulting with L.E.K., where I have worked across our life sciences practice but now focus primarily on tools and diagnostics
- I have a strong teaching background and a desire to help others learn, having taught English in Malaysia, founded a neuroscience teaching nonprofit while in grad school, and TAed multiple grad school courses
- These experiences have enabled me to help many fellow PhDs and MDs level up their skills and ultimately receive offers from top firms
What You Can Expect From Me
- The dedication of a teacher: Leveraging my teaching experience, I will listen, take notes, and strategize with you to develop your understanding of the concepts and principles (not rote memorization of frameworks!) that are critical to cracking any case you encounter. My goal is to get you to a high level of comfort and confidence, in a way that works for you
- The perspective of an ex-scientist: In preparing for interviews, you may feel like all the consulting resources, blogs, and advice are geared toward a generic audience - trust me, I've been there. I can help you navigate the pitfalls and issues that commonly trip up those with a technical background or without business experience
- The thoughtfulness of a mentor: I like to engage with candidates during and outside of sessions (e.g., over WhatsApp) and am happy to share my thoughts on consulting and career development in general. Everyone comes with a different background, set of skills and experiences, and familiarity with consulting and the case interview process. No matter where you are in your prep process, we will start from where you're at and get you to where you want to be
I am happy to have a free 10-15 minute intro chat to see if it makes sense for us to work together and to tailor sessions to your needs!