My view on consulting interview
Acing a case interview is not rocket science, it's just sometimes counter intuitive. In particular, human brain tends to follow feelings rather than rationale. For example, a human brain is not meant to systematically break down a problem into sub-problems, and solving the most impotant ones first. Most of the time, it just relies on its intution and goes with the flow. Acing a case interview is about
- Acquiring the reflexe of breaking down and realizing what you need to know to solve each part
- Knowing some tricks that show you've done your homework
- Knowing your mltiplication tables and common percentages
- Having a little bit of common sense
- Prior to the session,
- We chat to identify the needs based on the target companies, the level of preparation so far and the emering difficulties.
- I prepare a series of cases questions and/or fit dicussions based on the needs identified in the chat.
- During the session,
- We go trough the prepared cases questions and/or fit dicussions, mocking a real interview.
- At the end of the session, we debrief and I provide with very concrete and actionable feedback you can apply as of next case. I also share an overall perspective on where you stand and what it would take to be ready.