Note: 24-hour crash course: I am available for a crash-course with 24hrs notice if you have secured a last-minute interview, or for reassuring practice the day before your interview.
Sessions not time-constrained - We'll work together until we've covered all the bases.
WHO AM I
- 3+ years at Strategy& (30+ cases in 15 countries across 7 sectors)
- 3 consulting offers
- Successfully coached 35+ students, 100% success rate in offers from S& (Middle East, US, UK), + ATK, OW and RB.
- 2+ yrs as a recruiter for grad-hiring; conducted 50+ case/fit interviews (Analyst to Manager level) – personally hired 4 people
- Successfully transitioned from engineering to consulting
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajivpattni/
- With nearly four years of recruiting experience, I have helped people get offers in different firms across various global offices
- Having conducted a large number of case interviews during my time at S&, I will offer realistic mock interviews and impactful feedback
- From my experience, I saw many candidates, focussed too much on the frameworks/interview mechanics, instead of demonstrating a common-sense approach which interviewers prefer to see
- I will teach you to solve cases based on logic and first-principles, but also to think creatively about the problem to be solved
- My job is to ensure we holistically cover your all-round abilities – including unexpected questions / non-conventional cases to train you to deal with curveballs
- We will also spend time on the fit portion of the interview. This is an area typically candidates under-emphasise!
- This means I will develop a structured approach tailored to your needs and specific feedback
- We will not be constrained to one hour and will ensure we cover all areas by the end of our session, so that you get tailored, comprehensive and actionable feedback
- After our session, I will be available via Email/WhatsApp/Phone for ad-hoc feedback or questions at no charge
Before our session
I’ll ask you to send your LinkedIn profile / CV and your assessment of your strengths and development areas. I will use this to develop a tailored session with specific cases to address your development points, a fit interview, a CV / cover letter optimisation session and Q&A at the end.
- A brief run-through of your objectives, previous cases you've done, and a quick test on fit (detailed fit interview later)
- Full Mock Interview:
- One or Two cases
- Fit interview and behavioural questions
- Detailed feedback assessing your self-reported strengths and weaknesses, highlighting development areas, and specific remedies
- CV / Cover Letter optimisation:
- This will be focussed on “how to tell a good story” and I will teach you to use certain specific phrases to build credibility. Some editing if necessary
- Following the session, I will share bespoke case materials from my own cases and my own interviews I have conducted
- I will be available for ad-hoc Q&A over call / WhatsApp / email afterwards
The importance of the fit interview
Often, too little focus is placed on fit interview preparation. This is my area of expertise; I have helped 60+ students develop their story to sell a clear and consistent message to the interviewing firm. While we all have something unique to offer, it can be difficult to see it in ourselves - I can coach you to capture this personal brand and effectively market yourself.
AFTER A SESSION, YOU WILL WALK AWAY WITH:
- A polished problem-solving approach
- The ability to nail cases without a framework
- Experience in how to demonstrate fit (most important) with behavioural questions
- A tailored CV / cover letter to create a compelling application
- A Mindset in how to think like a consultant
- Potential referrals to my network