I worked at McKinsey for over 6 years and was primarily based out of NYC which is the most competitive office to get into. In the last 10 years I have helped over 200 students and professionals in the United States, China, Europe, India and the UK navigate the interview process and get offers at their desired firms. While I have experience across industries, my main focus is on management consulting roles (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG).
Based on your need we can cover one or more of the following in a 1 hour session
- Case Interview - this consists of a full case (45 - 50 mins) and actionable feedback on all areas that are relevant to case performance. I have a detailed rubric I used at McKinsey when interviewing and similar rubrics from Bain and BCG. I will be grading you across all of the metrics identified and at the end of the session we will have identified key strengths, opportunity areas and next steps to improve your performance.
- PEI - Often the most ignored of all interview skills. If you read reviews of people that got in to MBB they will all mention the importance of PEI especially as you progress to the later stages. I have a comprehensive guide on PEI questions and I know exactly how to work with your experiences and answers to shape them into stories that are impactful. At the end of the session you will learn how to structure your stories in a way that is relevant to the interviewer and you will do so while retaining the authenticity of yourself and your experiences.
- Drills on any identified weak area - I have many practice drills from real cases that we can do on structuring, reading and analyzing graphs, analysis (math) questions and creativity questions. The best way to improve on a skill is to practice practice practice till you get good at it and I can help you do that in the most effective way.
I will help you discover the best interview strategy for your skill set, so you can stand out and secure an offer.
Additional services that I provide
- Networking Help - I can help you use the tips and tricks in my guide and get you a referral for the role you want. We will work on crafting the best emails to send out to people and responses to get time on their calendars
- Resume & Cover Letter Reviews - I provide detailed comments and edits on your resume and cover letter offline followed by a call to go through any questions you have. This is especially helpful if you are starting your recruitment process as a great resume can open many doors, while an unpolished resume or cover letter leaves a poor first impression
-Top-rated consultant for 5+ years at McKinsey in New York, London and India
-Access to wide range of practice cases to round out your skills
-Honest, direct feedback—I respect your time and commitment
My goal is to provide more than a single one-hour interview training session—I want you to understand your path to success.
-We will tailor the session based on your development needs. Our session will end when your questions are answered and you have certain clarity on the next steps.
-We will stay in touch after the session for last minute advice, free of charge.
Each interview session consists of three parts:
- Full case interview: one to two, depending on your preparation level
- Diagnostic: feedback/discussion of your strengths and areas of weakness
- Roadmap: Conscience, follow up feedback focusing on concrete next steps
As a bonus: First session will come with a 15 minute critique of either your resume or LinkedIn CV.