Possible reasons for failure in the McKinsey Imbellus test include:
- You did not manage to create a sustainable ecosystem in Ecosystem Management
- You did not manage to defend the plant long enough in Plant Defense
- You did not identify the reason for the disease in Disease Management
- You run out of time before completing all parts of the game
The fact that your plant dies before round 15 in one of the game sections in Plant Defense doesn’t necessarily mean you will fail the game.
The Imbellus test is normally conducted as screening on its own, however that also depends on the office; in some, it is conducted together with interviews, thus both elements are taken into account.
If you want to prepare in the best possible way, I created a guide exactly for that.
This guide will:
- Show you the perfect strategy for each of the 4 Game Scenarios
- Explain every single part of the Game with ad-hoc pictures
- Detail the exact steps to improve in the 5 Skills tested in the game
- Provide you insider information from previous applicants who succeeded in the game
- Reveal the must-know answers to the most common questions on the Imbellus
- Offer you a ready-to-use Excel template to maximize results in Scenario 1 with a detailed tutorial
- Give you a proven template to build the food chain in Scenario 1
This guide will cover every single part of the Game, so you can be 100% confident the day of the assessment, without worrying “I should have prepared better for this”. You won’t need any additional material to prepare after it.
You can download the guide instantly here:
As an extra bonus, I am offering for a limited time the Consulting Industry Cheat Sheet (worth $29) for free with the guide. You will get access to the key insights of the 17 most common industries in case interviews.
If you need additional support or have any questions on the guide please feel free to PM me, I am happy to provide extra tips for free.