Estimate the monthly search queries in the US ?
First of all check the objective - is that search in google, or search everywhere (i.e. Amazon, Facebook, Spotify)
Then I would use the following approach:
- Size of US population - 320 M ppl
- Split the population into several age groups: Kids - 10-20, millennials 20-30, adults 30-60, elderly 60-80.
- Assuming that the people are spread evenly and there are 4M people of each age - calculate the size of each group (.e.g. kids 40M)
- Multiply the size of the group by internet penetration (i.e. 100% for millennials and 65% for elderly)
- Assume the number of queries per each age group per month (Use yourself and your personal experience as a benchmark for millennials and your Grandmother for elderly people) and multiply it with the number of people
- Sum up the age groups
Related BootCamp article(s)
Your client, large automotive OEM WyCar, has developed its first fully electric vehicle (EV) and introduced it as a pilot on the Austrian market last year. However, sales have been far below the expected numbers. The management has engaged you to support them in understanding the reasons and advise ... Open whole case
Nutripremium is a very well-known premium nutrition food company in Europe (€1 billion revenue last year). It is based in Spain and has an excellent market share not only in its home country but also in Portugal, France, Italy and Germany. Nutripremium has two main lines of products: Vitam ... Open whole case
Beyer, one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, just invented a very reliable vaccine against Chickenpox, a disease that affects children in the age from 2 to 16 years. Beyer came to you wondering what their potential sales in Europe in the first year would be if they launched th ... Open whole case
How many gas stations are there in Paris? Suppose a friend of yours wants to open a gas station in Paris. What aspects should he consider? Open whole case
Dubai Airport has decided to counter the chaos in the airport taxi service by commencing a bidding process to assign airport taxi services to 3 operators only. After years of cheating passengers, black-market drivers and unlicensed cabs, the airport has had enough of the problems and is now taking a ... Open whole case