Estimate the monthly search queries in the US ?
First of all check the objective - is that search in google, or search everywhere (i.e. Amazon, Facebook, Spotify)
Then I would use the following approach:
- Size of US population - 320 M ppl
- Split the population into several age groups: Kids - 10-20, millennials 20-30, adults 30-60, elderly 60-80.
- Assuming that the people are spread evenly and there are 4M people of each age - calculate the size of each group (.e.g. kids 40M)
- Multiply the size of the group by internet penetration (i.e. 100% for millennials and 65% for elderly)
- Assume the number of queries per each age group per month (Use yourself and your personal experience as a benchmark for millennials and your Grandmother for elderly people) and multiply it with the number of people
- Sum up the age groups
Related BootCamp article(s)
Your client, large automotive OEM WyCar, has developed its first fully electric vehicle (EV) and introduced it as a pilot on the Austrian market last year. However, sales have been far below the expected numbers. The management has engaged you to support them in understanding the reasons and advise ... Open whole case
You have inherited the “Old Winery” from your grandfather, a winery which has been family owned for five generations and can be dated back to the 16th century. Half of the eleven hectares are used to grow white grapes, the other half to grow red grapes. They are grown in the conventional way, i.e. ... Open whole case
Onlinestar, an online retailer of furniture and garden products (core business), has grown significantly in recent years as a result of an expansion of its product portfolio. The company mainly imports goods from Chinese manufacturers but also operates its own production of cat lavatories (special b ... Open whole case
Your customer is the market leader in the North American elevator service business. This is divided into the areas of elevator construction, elevator modernization and service. The customer has a particularly strong branch network in medium-sized cities and would now like to expand its business in ... Open whole case
Our client Pharma Finance just finalized its first investment round and received $ 40m to invest in the build-up of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company. The CEO is mainly interested in high margins and profitable markets, with a sustainable and green production. This is why he wants you to find o ... Open whole case