this question mainly aims to understand if you have the experiences and skills needed to be a good consultant and if you are able to present them in a proper way.
A good answer would emphasize:
- The three parts of your CV that you consider most relevant. This may involve working experience, education and/or extracurricular activities, or more focus on one of these areas, according to your profile.
- The description of the stories/experiences
- How the mentioned experiences helped you to develop skills that are useful in consulting. In this part you should “sell” your skills, leading the interviewer to understand you have the characteristics of a good consultant.
You may then conclude saying that such path naturally brought you to be interested in consulting.
In terms of skills to emphasize, potential useful ones include:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Sales skills
- Ability to interact with C-Levels
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to achieve results under strict deadlines and constraints
The delivery usually should take 2-3 minutes.
The key to a good delivery of the stories is to be extremely specific. One of the most common mistakes candidates do is to think that they can provide a generic story and that this would be enough. This is rarely the case. To really understand you, the interviewer needs to visualize the experiences you had and he/she cannot do this without details in the stories.