Last Friday I interviewed at BCG (Madrid) for their first round and they just got back to me explaining that because one of the interviews was better than the other, they wanted to carry out and additional (3rd) first round interview before deciding whether to progress to the second round. That said, I have some questions regarding this invitation:
1. Is it likely that the additional interview is going to be any different or harder than the usual? (i.e: Are they looking for something in particular?)
2. How does this affect my candidacy?
3. Is this usual?
I also made a list of mistakes I made in the case on one of the interviews, which were the following:
- Not laying out a detailed/organized structure due to initial time pressure
- Making several numerical/calculation errors
- Forgetting about major risks/considerations throughout the case and in the summary, as well as their mitigation
- Making rushed decisions without taking key factors/viewpoints into consideration
Any tips on how to address these issues to eliminate mistakes and boost my performance towards this second chance are greatly appreciated.