I think Vlad is spot on here - I completed an internship last year and found that i spent 80% of my time making powerpoints.
- Learn how to use slide masters, consistent formatting, texts, charts...just learn how to make the content look nice and consistent (and get it done fast).
- Make you are well read before entering the firm too: Business, sport, media.
- Have a 30-second elevator pitch of who you are- make people remember you. You will be asked by the other employees 1000 times ' who are you and where have you come to us from'- Have a passion and area of interest
- Have all your outfits organised, i found it was very tired at the end of the day and it was nice to have my shirts etc organised and ready for the week.
- Do your homework on who people are - Who are the ones you should (prioritise) to get to know?