Hello everyone I interviewed back in March for a summer associate with one of the MBBs, but then... (read entire question)
Career & Application at The Boston Consulting GroupTo The Boston Consulting Group website
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy.
BCG serves clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 80 offices in 48 countries.
The Boston Consulting Group Q&As Add your Question
I interviewed back in March for a summer associate with one of the MBBs, but then the partner feedback is that "They liked the way I think and brainstorm, but structuring is an issue." They said I need to focus more on drawing a solid structure and, as well, a structure every answer. I can claim that structure has always been my weakest area compared to others. They asked me to come back in the fall and they will interview me again.
The thing is that I feel that it doesn't align with how I like to think or maybe how my brain functions; i.e.: I get a flush of ideas at once and then I think of them as an essay or a speech, clearly not good if you explain that to a client.
Any advice or thoughts about addressing this weakness?
Hi Anonymous - good work securing the call. It is a good sign that they have agreed to it. Before giving precise advise, we would need to understand 1) what is your objective here? Do you have a M... (read entire answer)
Hi Anonymous - good work securing the call. It is a good sign that they have agreed to it. Before giving precise advise, we would need to understand
1) what is your objective here? Do you have a McK interview secured or would like to secure one? If you would like to secure one then have you already applied?
2) what context did you give the McK partner when you requested the call? Did you say you want to learn about consulting in general or was it to discuss something specific related to the Zoom call
But as a general rule - use the time to share your story with this partner (make it interesting/wow). Also take the time to learn about the McK partner themselves and then end the conversation with a discussion of your future aspirations. I would be wary about asking for a referral directly as if the partner was happy to refer you then they would do this without you having to ask at the end but there is an element of reading between the lines as to how your call with the partner goes
Best of luck
Hello I am an undergraduate student from one of the top 3 universities in Singapore. I wish to work... (read entire question)
Hello I am an undergraduate student from one of the top 3 universities in Singapore. I wish to work in one of the MBB firms in the Singapore office after graduation and I was hoping to gather some expert insights on the following:
1. What time of the year is the recruitment done for BA/Associate roles at McK and BCG respectively? (I am asking because I might graduate off-cycle in December instead of May. I know their applications are open year round, but I think there has to be a timeline they probably follow.)
2. How would recruitment be affected by the virus situation for fresh graduates?
3. Is there a PST/Potential test etc for these three firms in the Singapore office? (Generally, I've never heard any of my seniors talk about the test but directly discuss the case intereview, which is why I think that there is no test here.)
4. Assuming recruitment happens in October, when would you ask for a referral to be sent?
Please feel free to answer even one question out of the four. Thank you so much!
What is the office culture like in the top consulting firms in the Middle East? I have heard they ar... (read entire question)
What is the office culture like in the top consulting firms in the Middle East? I have heard they are quite variable. I would love to know about MBB, tier 2 (OW, Kearney etc), and boutique consulting firms (Frost &Sullivan, Alvarez & Marsal etc).
Thank you and hope you all are well!
The Boston Consulting Group Experts
BCG | 100% personal interview success rate (8/8) and 100% candidate success rate (20/20) | Personalized interview prep
- Boston Consulting Group, Appian Corporation
- English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- United States
- $239 / hour
#1 Expert for Coaching Sessions (2.800+) | 1.100+ Reviews with 100% Recommendation Rate | Ex BCG | 7+ Years Coaching Experience
- English, Italian, Spanish
- $349 / hour
BCG EXPERT | Top 5 coaches | Cheapest of the Top 10 | 100% positive reviews
- BCG, Capgemini Consulting, Accenture
- English, French
- $159 / hour