Hi there! I come from an Advanced Degree background (Chemistry PhD), and after graduating I went on to work at both McKinsey and BCG. I really enjoy helping candidates prepare for their consulting interviews, and would love to work with you on case studies and/or experiential/fit questions. I approach coaching sessions in the following way:
- Unless you have a specific request, we will generally spend the first 25 minutes of our session covering fit questions, just like in an interview. We'll then move on to a case study, which will often include supporting exhibits and tables. I'll always make sure we have plenty of time left at the end of the case to cover feedback, suggestions, and any questions you might have.
- If you have a specific request (e.g. you'd like to only focus on a case study, or you'd like a case that covers a specific topic or industry), please do let me know and I would be more than happy to tailor our session to your needs. I have a large databases of detailed cases (150+) that vary both in subject matter and in difficulty.
- After our session, I will send you a message with detailed, actionable written feedback. Candidates often find that it can be hard to take in a lot of feedback at the end of a long case study session, so my aim is to ensure that you also have the opportunity to digest my coaching suggestions in your own time.
- Finally, I'm always available for any questions you might have leading up to your interviews - just drop me a message, I'd be happy to help!
If you're looking for a coach with a specific area of expertise, here's what I can bring to a coaching session:
- I have a lot of experience in Advanced Degree recruiting, and spent time in the AD recruiting teams at both McKinsey and BCG. I also went through the process myself, and I completely understand how difficult the switch can be from academia to consulting!
- I've been a consulting coach for the past year, and have given 30+ interviews to candidates in this role. I'm always willing to go the extra mile, and am truly invested in the success of those that I coach.
- Finally, I've had the unique experience of working at both McKinsey and BCG across different geographies (Melbourne and London). If you'd like an insiders guide to the real differences between the two firms, I'd be happy to help!
If you have any questions, or would be interested in scheduling a session with me, please do get in touch - I'm always happy to chat!