Having passed all top MBB interviews and working for one of the leading global strategy consultancies, I am sharing my experience from both sides of the interview process for applicants to excel during their interview.
I offer both personal fit and case interviews – both of which are equally important!
Many of my coachees underestimate the importance of how they personally fit into their target firm. I have observed that candidates consistently fail to recognize, that MBBs do NOT offer jobs to applicants that perform above-average in the case interview part and only average in the personal fit interview. You have to stand out in both personal fit and case interview! In particular, interviewers want to see whether you are equally structured in thinking about business problems as you are in your self-reflection and life plans.
Consequently, I am offering an interview session that is by default a 50/50 split between case and personal fit interview – which I strongly recommend. Upon request I also offer interviews with just case interview or personal fit focus.
At the end of the session I will provide detailed feedback on your performance split by personal fit / case fit. Amongst others, I will let you know the following along with actionable advice on how you can improve:
- How well did you structure the approach?
- How creative were you in problem solving? Can you think “outside the box”?
- How well did you follow your structure?
- How well did you interact with your interviewer?
- Are you confident and can I trust you, i.e. am I convinced that your case solving performance is consistently replicable? (It is not sufficient to “just crack the case” – MBBs and others only hire if they think that you can repeat your performance.)
- Do I like you? (Remember, we’re all humans and as such sometimes “rationalize” decisions that we have already taken – and not the other way round.)
- Are you time aware? (Extremely easy to stand out on this one, yet many do not factor this into their performance.)
I offer the interviews in either German or English and you can chose between a McKinsey-style interviewer-led case and an interviewee-led case (recommended).
Feel free to shoot me a message should you have further questions.
Looking forward to support you in improving your interview performance :)