1) First of all, I would check what are the reasons for failure. Since your CV is already being modified I hope you'll be able to reshuffle it in a right way. Also, I recommend reflecting on what you've done in the last to years since the previous rejection. These 2 years should add up to your resume and be a good reason to hire you. Consulting firms should see the progress from your previous application (career progress, new knowledge, etc.
2) I would not make too many bets on a coffee chat. Here are some ideas re coffee chats:
3) Your ideal scenario is if the person decides to make you a referral. More on the referral here:
4) Then try not to put all the eggs in one basket. Continue talking with all the big3 companies, so that you could multiply your chances
5) Start your preparation for the tests (if it is relevant for the role and company you are applying to) More info here:
6) In parallel start your preparation for the cases. It is a very broad topic, but I will give you some advice:
- Time is the King. You'll need at least a month if you can prepare full-time. 3-4 months if you can't work on it systematically
- Feedback and coaching will save you time. Work with an expert here. An expert will give you the right knowledge.
- Practice cases with the other candidates to get the skill. Try to find the candidates with at least one real MBB consulting interview experience and 50+ cases solved. Ask for the cases from the real case interviews. Unfortunately, in the beginning, you'll have to solve the "Chicken and egg" problem in finding the experienced partners
7) 2-3 weeks before your interview start crafting your FIT stories. More details here:
Best of luck!