Hey guys, I'm in the middle of quite a difficult decision.
Recently interviewed with BCG and got to 2nd round but was rejected. Been preparing for around a month with around 30 live cases done. I won't get feedback until after my scheduled 1st round of McKinsey, so I literally don't know what went wrong (I have an idea, but not for sure).
I'm not sure to either:
1) Go to the scheduled interviews and hope for the best, trying again next year with coach advice.
Pros: longer time to prepare; consulting internship, network with people to get coaching.
Cons: will have to build CV for another year, and I'm getting a bit drained from this. I will be working next year so my schedule will be less certain to practise. May not pass logical reasoning/McKinsey game.
2) Reschedule for a month/6 weeks and try then, with a coach's help.
Pros: if I get a job this year, I'll get a much needed break before starting, or I can start one year earlier.
Cons: might still not be prepared, then I have to pay coach fees twice when I apply again next year…
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(By the way, for context, I'm half contemplating that even if I got the job this year, I'd defer for a year anyway to finish up on other roles)
Thank you everyone!