Congrats on passing the PSG! :-)
I have written a detailed insider perspective on the McKinsey case interview here: https://www.preplounge.com/en/mckinsey-interview
There are 2 types of phone interviews McKinsey is currently conducting.
The first is a phone case interview, either conducted by HR or an alumnus of the firm. This is basically a short McKinsey case, covering the typical question types (https://www.preplounge.com/en/consulting-forum/mckinsey-pre-1-round-case-screening-interview-9369).
The second is a personal fit screening. I had several candidates now go through both.
As a first step, I would ask HR what type of interview to expect.
My hypothesis is that it is a normal fit screening based on your questions.
- It's a very simple screening, more of a formality than an actual evaluation.
- Definitely! For the types of questions see below
- The questions are much more rapid-fire and higher level than the PEI. My candidates got the following questions:
- Guide me through your resume
- Why consulting?
- Why McKinsey?
- Are you aware of the work we are doing in <practice> and how could you contribute with your experience here (for experienced hires)?
Prepare a top-down answer for each of those highlighting 3-5 points for each. Link your experience and your successes with the skills needed in consulting and the tasks conducted on the job daily. If it's a case, please let me know and I am happy to change my answer and give more guidance.
For more detail, have a look here as well: https://strategycase.com/consulting-personal-fit-interviews-the-only-guide-you-need-to-read
The rest of the interview is spent on your questions, so think about 3-5 questions you have that you are actually interested in and that could give you some new insights.
Let me know if you need help with McKinsey in general. :-)
All the best and fingers crossed!