I'm currently in the McKinsey recruitment process. HR said he will send 1st round interview invitation in a few weeks, but there is no fixed timeline.
At the same time I have received an offer from another firm this week. The job start date is 5 weeks later. The reason I'm accepting this offer is that I'm not confident about if I'll get offer from McKinsey, and this new firm is a much better choice than my current firm.
So my priority is McKinsey > the new firm I have signed >>>>>> my current firm
So my question is : does signing this new offer have a negative impact on my interview outcome with McKinsey, by which I mean that I'm a little concerned what to say in the interview with McKinsey a few weeks later if they know I have just joined the new firm a few weeks ago.
Say I get offer from McKinsey very luckily, I will definitely join, but what is the maximum length I can delay the start date with McKinsey? Because I want to work at this new firm for a few months. Will McKinsey allow to delay start date for 3-4 months?