There is a social enterprise in form of a restaurant, with 100 owners and with possibility to hold an event for free. Recently opened. Situated in center of the city, near 4 big stations of tram. Guests are visiting and leaving more money as expected, but there are not so many visitors as projected. Earning of waiters are low. What should the management to do?
Information: waiter receive fixed salary per day, + 2% of daily revenue of restaurant and tips
% of daily revenue cannot be changed now.
Increasing of the earning of waiters can be done 2 ways:
1. Inscrease the revenue of the restaurant
2. Increase tips
1. Increase the revenue of restaurant:
1.1 Increase # of visitors.
Ways to do it, using:
- every owner brings new guests with himself every month
- blogers, journalists
- touristic websites
- websites for restaurants
1.2. Increase the size of average bill of visitors
Ways to do it:
- offer guests tea/coffee/desserts
- suggest to take drinks with themselves
- introduce and present the "dish of the day" using photos (also printed)
1.3. Increase the amount of delivered food
- come to terms with different delivery services
- advertise the possibility of delivery option to visitors
1.4. Increase take-away, esp. # of drinks
- place information "Take coffee/ tea with yourself" inside and outside the restaurant.
- use outside advertisement near tram stations.
2. Increase the tips
2.1 Place information suggesting giving tips
- on the tables
- near entrance with words "Invest in better service"
2.2 Include in the bill
- write reminder regarding giving bills
- include tips in the bill - 10%, 15%
2.3. Service activities
- inform organisators about leaving tips after ending the events
What can you tell about structure and solutions?