Leverage PrepLounge for your case interview practice
How do I schedule meetings with peers?
PrepLounge is a case interview community that connects like-minded people for regular practice. There are 2 quick ways to schedule meetings for mock interviews with peers: make a proposal on the meeting board or send a private invitation.
- Meeting Board Proposal
On the Meeting Board (on your dashboard), you’ll see lots of proposals for back-to-back meetings. Add your own proposal to the list and wait for a candidate to confirm the meeting.
- Personal Invitation
On the Candidate Page, you’ll have an overview of potential practice partners. Your ‘best match is pre-selected (on the filter functions on the left). On the Profile of a candidate, you can send an invitation with the Propose Meeting button.
How does practice differ between the stages?
The different scheduling functions on the platform ensure that you can conduct mock interviews throughout all stages.
- Use the Personal Invitation to find candidates for “onboarding”. In the candidate listing, you can filter for candidates, who are not that experienced either. If you are not ready to solve a case yet, you can start only giving cases as the interviewer.
- Schedule regular back-to-back meetings during the “ramp-up” stage by extensively utilizing Meeting Board. Make sure you practice cases with several partners for variety. During your real interviews, you’ll never know what type of interviewer to expect.
- In the internalization stage, it makes sense to focus on a handful of practice partners that are on the same level. You probably already have a few buddies to do advanced cases with. Make sure to track your progress in terms of feedback in the Personal Case Analytics section.
Optional: Expert Meetings to enhance your mock interviews
If you’re looking to take it to the next level, Experts on PrepLounge i.e. experienced (former) consultants can help you enhance your case prep with more realism and insightful feedback. Here are two ways for you to interact with our Experts:
- Benefit from the CoachingPlus Package:
The CoachingPlus package offers you a combination of several coaching sessions plus a Premium Membership that gives you access to the most essential prep material on PrepLounge. You can choose among a list of about 15 coaches, so have a look and check whether they fulfill the specific needs of your application (e.g. target company, location, etc.). They are all experienced former management consultants at top firms. The CoachingPlus package would be your go-to all-in-one prep package, especially if you are on a lower budget.
- Get Top of the Line Coaching Packages:
Some of our best coaches offer their very own coaching packages. This is a great investment, as they have the most experience and already helped hundreds of candidates land their dream job offer. The only disadvantage is the higher price and that you are tied to one single coach. However, if you complement your coaching sessions with high-quality peer2peer practice, these top-of-the-line coaching packages will be your top option.
- Book an Individual Session:
In general, it makes sense to take advantage of coaching packages, as they always come with an overall discount compared to individually booked sessions. However, if you are in a very specific situation and the coach you are looking for is not included in a package, it makes sense to arrange individual sessions with the coaches of your choice. This offers you also a lot of flexibility, as you are not tied to specific coaches.
For further tips, don't miss out on our article: Case Interview Coaching: How to Make the Most out of Your Coaching Sessions in 6 Steps