Withdrawing application

Interview
Neue Antwort am 25. Nov. 2019
4 Antworten
1,9 Tsd. Aufrufe
chii fragte am 23. Nov. 2019

Hi all,

I have a first round interview with Bain coming up next week. However, I am currently extremely unprepared as have not been able to allocate my time to the practice cases due to my heavy workload at school.

I interviewed with BCG last week, already got rejected and was told to wait for 2 years before reapplying. Just wondering would it be alright if i try to postpone my interview to another time? Or, if I am to withdraw my application for Bain now, would I be able to reapply next year, or would an application ban still be applied?

Thanks!

Übersicht der Antworten

Upvotes
  • Upvotes
  • Datum aufsteigend
  • Datum absteigend
Beste Antwort
Antonello
Experte
Content Creator
antwortete am 24. Nov. 2019
McKinsey | MBA professor for consulting interviews

Hi Chii,
I confirm that is much better to postpone the interview. HR handle these situations frequently and there will be no negative points on your overall evaluation.

Best,
Antonello

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
Vlad
Experte
Content Creator
antwortete am 23. Nov. 2019
McKinsey / Accenture Alum / Got all BIG3 offers / Harvard Business School

Hi,

It's totally fine to postpone the interview. Just ask for an extra month due to personal reasons and spend this month on prep. I would not withdraw the application - there is no process set for that and the chances are high they will not invite you again

Best

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
chii am 23. Nov. 2019

Thanks for your advice. I just dropped them an email asking to reschedule. Hopefully, they could help with this as my interview is on Tuesday so it is very last minute

(editiert)

Francesca
Premium
antwortete am 24. Nov. 2019

Hi Chii, I know a lot of people who postponed their interviews but would definitely suggest not to withdraw the application!

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
1
Henning
Experte
antwortete am 25. Nov. 2019
Bain | passed >15 MBB interviews as a candidate

Hi Chii,

as a Bain interviewer, I can tell you that this is not perceived negatively. However, you should not withdraw the application, but just ask for a delay of the interview date.

In fact, this also often is suggested by us: We usually invite candidates for a practice interview with one of our junior consultants before the actual interview day (not sure if this happens in all offices, though). The result of this practice interview is not taken into consideration in the offer decision, but might trigger a suggestion to postpone if the junior consultant has the impression that the candidate is insufficienly prepared. This does not hurt your chances, as the actual interviewers won't even know this at the actual interview.

Hope his helps!

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
chii am 25. Nov. 2019

Hi! Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I am interviewing for SEA offices from London and they did not allow me to postpone as they are only around during this week. Guess I will have to just go in and try my best

(editiert)

Antonello gab die beste Antwort

Antonello

Content Creator
McKinsey | MBA professor for consulting interviews
241
Meetings
9.725
Q&A Upvotes
94
Awards
5,0
102 Bewertungen