I've been invited for a last round case interview in a position in a large corporation. The position is as investmend manager and deals with a very broad spectra of finance and business related areas.
The key responsibilties of the role is listed as (among others):
Developing business cases, modelling investments, project due diligence, setting standards, developing best practices as well as preparing decision material for executive management.
Ultimately ensuring a holistic view on profit, cost, revenue, commercial and strategic fit from a company perspective
I can see that current employees in the role lists these as their responsibilties:
- Financial evaluation of investments and divestments
- Risk evaluations and hedging analusis
- Valuation and modelling on sell side and buy side M&A deals
- Developing best prctice business cases and modelling tools
- Invesment case development
- Strategic business case development for commercial and operational projects
I will get a case that is 30 min prep and 45 min Q&A. What would be resonable to assume would be the case type from the above listed, how could a potential framework for solving look like and how to prepare for this?
Thanks a lot in advance!