Thanks for sharing your example, it is quite an interesting case. I will try to answer the questions, please suggest improvements and we can have a dialogue about it.
1. Market sizing
population of country (assuming client operates in only 1 country) * % of people in age group to apply for loans (here we can segment and say based on type of loan - education, home loan, personal loan, etc) * % of people likely to check online (use assumption of internet savvy population) * likelihood of selecting your bank (based on competitve assessment of diff banks by loan type) * probability of your bank financing loans (based on rejection rate by loan type) * size of loan per customer/avg no. of years per loan/12.
2.i Which banks to include:
select the banks based on 4 key parameters:
- customer preferences (must have banks in your comparison list)
- financial stable (known banks which have good track record and low rejection rate)
- offer diversified loan terms based on customer wallet
- benefit to you (the client) - % comission per loan, no. of views, no. of sales leads, perception management for banks to entice new customers, marketing gimmick which helps them sell products through online channel --> what is the benefit client brings to the bank and what is bank ready to pay/support in return. this will depend on client's bargaining power vs banks
2.ii. simplified comparison, objective perspective highlighting pros and cons, market analysis before making a decision and educating customers on do-it-yourself calculations
2.iii. select banks which are not part of competitor having following :
- local/regional banks with avergae or good loan terms
- banks entering new markets or having growth focus, but have risk limits with tolerance levels
- other companies which could think of expanding into loan market (e.g. Paypal, Visa) through their online channel
Apologies for the long answer :) Let me know what you think.