Hi Anonymous A,
Welcome to PrepLounge and thanks for asking your question on our Consulting Q&A!
Based on our many years of experience helping candidates get their job offer, we can advise you to include coaching sessions into your case prep. They are very helpful and will definitely be worth your investment.
Self-study (1) provides you with a basic understanding, peer practice (2) will get you to a decent level of case solving, but coachings (3) will really maximize your chances to get the final job offer. All three building blocks are necessary to build the final tower, but since two of them involve actual practice, you can tell where the main progress happens :)
Vlad explained why coachings are particularly beneficial for your case performance:
I believe YOU NEED BOTH good partners and coaches to increase your odds of success. Partners give you quantity and build your muscle memory.Coaches specifically:
- Can save you tens if not hundreds of hours. I know many candidates who have done 100+ cases with the poor partners and got no offer.
- May have a program covering all possible types of the cases (pls check in my profile)
- Can assess you using the real case interview criteria
- Can work on your fit interview since they heard hundreds of stories and know how to make them perfect
- Give you a professional feedback since they have seen hundreds of candidates and can calibrate your performance
For the full Q&A, check the following link: What are the benefits of coaching compared to having a good partner to practice?
These benefits should usually apply for all case coachings done by experienced professtionals, regardless of the provider you will decide on.
But let me explain you the specific benefits of PrepLounge Coaching:
On PrepLounge, you have transparency that you will not find anywhere else: a transparent list of all experts and a glimpse of their expertise showed in our Consulting Q&A. Our coaches have many years of experience at top consulting firms and have already helped thousands of candidates land their dream job offer. All expert profiles include:
- Professional and educational background
- Top Skills
- Infos on their individual coaching approach
- Number of conducted coachings
- Reviews & recommendation rate
- Price per session
This allows you to individually choose the perfect experts for your coaching sessions. For example, you can get insights from an expert who has worked at the exact same company you are applying to.
You can individually book the sessions directly with each expert or take advantage from our Prep4Success coaching package.This is a bundle of f 3, 5 or 10 coaching sessions that gives you an overall discount and includes additional benefits like a one-year premium membership, a McKinsey Practice PST and all the prep material you need.
If you have any further question, don't hesitate to contact us.
Hope this helps and best of luck for your case prep and upcoming case interviews!
PrepLounge Community Management
Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | twitter