First of all - almost all Bain cases are interviewee led. Thus you have to drive the case and you have to come to a certain number and the conclusion in the end.
It may seem to you that these 2 types of cases are different, however, the interviewer-led type is just a simplified version of the interviewee-led case. My advice is to prepare a lot in the interviewee-led format so that you could solve both easily.
Here is some information according to 100+ Bain cases my candidates had on the interviews. However it may be not representative geographically, but according to my experience:
Most common types of case:
- Private equity (due diligence)
- Profitability + market sizing as a part of a case
- Market Entry
Most common industries:
- HORECA - hotels, restaurants, coffeeshops, etc
- Diamonds (Might be specific to the particular office)
- Agriculture (No specifics, closer to CPG)