Cookie- und Privatsphäre-Einstellungen

Diese Webseite nutzt Cookies, um essenzielle Funktionen wie den User-Login und Sessions zur Verfügung zu stellen. Wir nutzen zudem Cookies und Software von Dritten, um Dein Surf-Erlebnis auf preplounge.com zu verbessern. Du kannst entweder nur essenzielle Cookies oder alle Cookies akzeptieren. Du kannst Deine Einstellungen jederzeit in unseren Cookie- und Privatsphäre-Einstellungen ändern. Dieser Link ist im Footer unserer Seit zu finden. Wenn Du mehr Informationen benötigst, besuche bitte unsere Datenschutz-Erklärung.

Datenverarbeitung in den USA: Indem Du auf "Ich akzeptiere" klickst, willigst Du zugleich gem. Art. 49 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO ein, dass Deine Daten in den USA verarbeitet werden (von Google LLC, Facebook Inc., LinkedIn Inc., Stripe, Paypal).

Individuell einstellen Ich akzeptiere
expert
Experte mit der besten Antwort

Antonello

98% Empfehlungsrate

161 Meetings

5.773 Q&A Upvotes

249 USD / Coaching

4

Offer decision deadline too tight - what to do?

About 2 weeks ago I interviewed with a Tier3 firm and they quickly made me an offer. The decision deadline is in around 1 week. I did not sign it yet because last week I had interviews with two other Tier3 firms.

However, shortly afterwards I got interviews secured with three Tier2 firms. One is in early December (cannot be accelerated since they have fixed assessment days), with the other one I have a phone interview this week (I should be able to accelerate the process if I get into 1st round) and the third told me that they'll try to accelerate it, but cannot promise anything because their assessment days throughout December are full and the next empty spots are in January.

Now, the options are:
- reach out to HR and try to extend the deadline until January. I think I might have higher chances if I change my desired start date as well: I said January after the offer, but thought again about it and decided that I need a bit more time-off. Maybe if I say that I wanna start in March instead it will be more reasonable to extend the deadline to January.

- accept the offer and decline it later in case I get offer from a Tier2. However, there might be legal issues with that, and I would also risk getting into trouble with my potential Tier2 employer who would have made me the offer. As far as I know, as soon as I sign the job contract, the only way to escape afterwards is formally quitting shortly after having started my job (at least in Western Europe).

Not sure what to do here... On the phone, when they announced the offer, I stated that the deadline might be too tight, as I am interviewing with other firms as well, and HR said ''let's keep this deadline for now and we'll see''... I am afraid that choosing the first option might appear unprofessional and lead the company to withdraw their offer, therefore I would risk remaining jobless if the other interviews are not successful...

About 2 weeks ago I interviewed with a Tier3 firm and they quickly made me an offer. The decision deadline is in around 1 week. I did not sign it yet because last week I had interviews with two other Tier3 firms.

However, shortly afterwards I got interviews secured with three Tier2 firms. One is in early December (cannot be accelerated since they have fixed assessment days), with the other one I have a phone interview this week (I should be able to accelerate the process if I get into 1st round) and the third told me that they'll try to accelerate it, but cannot promise anything because their assessment days throughout December are full and the next empty spots are in January.

Now, the options are:
- reach out to HR and try to extend the deadline until January. I think I might have higher chances if I change my desired start date as well: I said January after the offer, but thought again about it and decided that I need a bit more time-off. Maybe if I say that I wanna start in March instead it will be more reasonable to extend the deadline to January.

- accept the offer and decline it later in case I get offer from a Tier2. However, there might be legal issues with that, and I would also risk getting into trouble with my potential Tier2 employer who would have made me the offer. As far as I know, as soon as I sign the job contract, the only way to escape afterwards is formally quitting shortly after having started my job (at least in Western Europe).

Not sure what to do here... On the phone, when they announced the offer, I stated that the deadline might be too tight, as I am interviewing with other firms as well, and HR said ''let's keep this deadline for now and we'll see''... I am afraid that choosing the first option might appear unprofessional and lead the company to withdraw their offer, therefore I would risk remaining jobless if the other interviews are not successful...

4 Antworten

  • Upvotes
  • Datum aufsteigend
  • Datum absteigend
Beste Antwort
Coaching mit Antonello vereinbaren

98% Empfehlungsrate

161 Meetings

5.773 Q&A Upvotes

249 USD / Coaching

Hi,
it is a common situation. I do not think you would have legal consequences in rejecting the offer (in Italy it is only a letter of intent and you do not incur in them, since each part has 6 months by the beginning to terminate the contract). Of course it is not 100% fair, but also the HR play their cards keeping the deadline too short.

Hope it helps,
Anto

Hi,
it is a common situation. I do not think you would have legal consequences in rejecting the offer (in Italy it is only a letter of intent and you do not incur in them, since each part has 6 months by the beginning to terminate the contract). Of course it is not 100% fair, but also the HR play their cards keeping the deadline too short.

Hope it helps,
Anto

Coaching mit Francesco vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

3.413 Meetings

15.667 Q&A Upvotes

449 USD / Coaching

Hi Anonymous,

I would recommend the second option, I cannot see how there could be consequences if you sign (unless clearly stated in the contract – I know some companies add penalties in China for that). Proposing to extend the deadline is a risky move as can lead to second thoughts on your commitment.

Best,

Francesco

Hi Anonymous,

I would recommend the second option, I cannot see how there could be consequences if you sign (unless clearly stated in the contract – I know some companies add penalties in China for that). Proposing to extend the deadline is a risky move as can lead to second thoughts on your commitment.

Best,

Francesco

Already managed to get an extension, so meanwhile it's all good. It's stated in the contract though that a termination of the contract before the starting date is not permitted (and a fine of around one monthly salary would be applied in this case). The company is in Germany. — Anonym A am 1. Dez 2019

Coaching mit Deniz vereinbaren

100% Empfehlungsrate

346 Meetings

646 Q&A Upvotes

169 USD / Coaching

Hi,

Worst case, you can still accept the offer and decline later.

Best,

Deniz

Hi,

Worst case, you can still accept the offer and decline later.

Best,

Deniz

Coaching mit Vlad vereinbaren

97% Empfehlungsrate

410 Meetings

11.435 Q&A Upvotes

239 USD / Coaching

Hi,

There are no legal consequences and you can do that. It's not the best situation, but if you don't have any personal connection with the partners - it's ok

Best

Hi,

There are no legal consequences and you can do that. It's not the best situation, but if you don't have any personal connection with the partners - it's ok

Best

Verwandte Cases

MBB Final Round Case - Smart Education

17,6 Tsd. mal gelöst
MBB Final Round Case - Smart Education Our client is SmartBridge, a nonprofit educational institution offering face-to-face tutoring services. The client operates in the US. The mission of SmartBridge is to help as many students as possible to complete studies and prevent that they drop from the school system, in particular in disadvantaged areas. The client is considering starting operations for its services in the Chicago area. They hired us to understand if that makes sense. Due to the nonprofit regulation, SmartBridge should operate on its own in the market, without any partnership. How would you help our client?
4.6 5 628
| Bewertung: (4.6 / 5.0)

Our client is SmartBridge, a nonprofit educational institution offering face-to-face tutoring services. The client operates in the US. The mission of SmartBridge is to help as many students as possible to complete studies and prevent that they drop from the school system, in particular in disadvant ... Ganzen Case öffnen

Bain 1st Round Case – BlissOttica

2,1 Tsd. mal gelöst
Bain 1st Round Case – BlissOttica Our client is a BlissOttica, an Eyewear Manufacturer that is looking to reach a 10% increase in profits. How would you help our client?
4.3 5 105
| Bewertung: (4.3 / 5.0)

Our client is a BlissOttica, an Eyewear Manufacturer that is looking to reach a 10% increase in profits. How would you help our client? Ganzen Case öffnen

Roma Solutions - Senior/ Expert Level Tech Case

300+ mal gelöst
Roma Solutions - Senior/ Expert Level Tech Case Let’s say we’re working with a large Tech company (i.e. FB, Apple, Microsoft etc.). They are interested in getting into the low-code iBPMS space. This is a space where pseudo-code is used to deploy large-scale process-based IT applications rapidly (in months, not years). In particular, they’re looking at a company called Roma, which is one of the leaders in the space. What are your thoughts here? *box-open blue* You can clarify the following (if asked) iBPMS  - Intelligent business process management suites. Think SAP for example. They are IT systems that take users through business processes. The business model of these Tech firms is primarily to find ways to integrate diverse offerings/capabilities to build better products and ecosystems.  Therefore, technical synergies are important here. The market is fairly competitive with about a dozen players. Roma is a market leader in this space, vying for 1st against 2 competitors. The top 3 dominate the market.*box-close* 
4.3 5 3
| Bewertung: (4.3 / 5.0)

Let’s say we’re working with a large Tech company (i.e. FB, Apple, Microsoft etc.). They are interested in getting into the low-code iBPMS space. This is a space where pseudo-code is used to deploy large-scale process-based IT applications rapidly (in months, not years). In particular, they’re look ... Ganzen Case öffnen