McKinsey decision on invite to 2nd Round

MBB McKinsey
Neue Antwort am 23. Jan. 2020
5 Antworten
1,3 Tsd. Aufrufe
Anonym A fragte am 21. Jan. 2020

I had my 1st round interview on Thursday last week and the recruiter told me they'd get back to me on Monday evening (yesterday).

Instead, another recruiter (with whom I usually dealt with) called me and asked if I had heard back yet. To which I said "no, not yet". And she said "oh ok, they should get in touch with you sometime this week"

Very confused - should I follow up or just be patient ?

Übersicht der Antworten

Upvotes
  • Upvotes
  • Datum aufsteigend
  • Datum absteigend
Beste Antwort
Francesco
Experte
Content Creator
antwortete am 23. Jan. 2020
#1 Coach for Sessions (4.000+) | 1.400+ 5-Star Reviews | Proven Success (➡ InterviewOffers.com) | Ex BCG | 9Y+ Coaching

Hi Anonymous,

I usually suggest to contact again the company at least one day after their proposed deadline, you don’t want to be too pushy and contacting before won’t change anyway the outcome of the interview.

Best,

Francesco

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
Luca
Experte
Content Creator
antwortete am 21. Jan. 2020
BCG |NASA | SDA Bocconi & Cattolica partner | GMAT expert 780/800 score | 200+ students coached

Hello,

I would suggest to call them, you have even the excuse of the other rectuiter contacting you ;)

Don't be afrai of contacting HR, they are there to help and your impatience is only another proof of your proactivity and motivation to join McKinsey (without exaggerating, obviously).

Best,
Luca

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
Clara
Experte
Content Creator
bearbeitete eine Antwort am 31. Okt. 2020
McKinsey | Awarded professor at Master in Management @ IE | MBA at MIT |+180 students coached | Integrated FIT Guide aut

Hello!

I would give them a buffer of 2-3 days and then call HR to clarify, they are normally very nice and understanding.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Clara

Can you let us know what htey told u?

(editiert)

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
Giulia
Experte
antwortete am 21. Jan. 2020
McKinsey Business Analyst | 3+ years Experience | MBA at LBS

Hi,

If they said on Monday, I would at least wait until Wed (tomorrow) and then follow-up with the HR.

Don't be afraid to write to them, though, they are there to help!

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
Vlad
Experte
Content Creator
antwortete am 21. Jan. 2020
McKinsey / Accenture Alum / Got all BIG3 offers / Harvard Business School

Hi,

Wait a couple of days and ping back both HRs if nothing. They are there to help you so you can use them in any capacity. There is no penalty for asking:)

Best

War diese Antwort hilfreich?
Francesco gab die beste Antwort

Francesco

Content Creator
#1 Coach for Sessions (4.000+) | 1.400+ 5-Star Reviews | Proven Success (➡ InterviewOffers.com) | Ex BCG | 9Y+ Coaching
4.065
Meetings
28.446
Q&A Upvotes
297
Awards
5,0
1494 Bewertungen