I just started working with a consulting firm (less than a month) and surprisingly received an invitation to interview with an MBB a few days ago. I would undoubtedly prefer the MBB even though the consulting firm I started with is a leading one (a direct competitor but non-MBB). Note that both offices are in the same region (in a European country).
1. Should I interview with the MBB or reject the invitation to interview and wait for 1-2 years before considering a move?
2. In case I proceed with the MBB interviews, should I inform the MBB that I just started working with another consulting firm? How will that reflect on my personality to the MBB? (i.e. even if I do not inform them they will most likely know that I got recruited somewhere else once I update my LinkedIn profile)
3. What will happen if I successfully receive an offer from the MBB but find out that I do not like the offer for whatever reason (e.g. the salary at the MBB will probably be considerably lower, possibly lower rank as well, etc. )? Will rejecting the offer affect my chances of receiving another invitation to interview with the MBB if I decide to apply again in a few years?
4. I believe arranging the interview timings will be difficult since I just started out in my current company and the hours are brutal. Are there any tips on how to deal with this issue?